White Russian Cake
Make this #Cirrusly Decadent three or four layer cake (your choice) and get ready for the sighs of delight.
White Cake Mix
1/2 cup water (optional)
2 tsps gelatin (optional)
1 quart heavy whipping cream
sugar to taste (about 4 tbsps)
1 cup coffee liqueur (click here for recipe to make your own)
1/2 cup Cirrus Vodka
Make cake according to directions on box
Bake in two 9' round pans
After cake has cooled, slice both cakes in half and slice top of one
cake to make flat layer. You can slice both tops to flatten if you like a
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
• Combine the water and gelatin and allow to soften for five minutes
Heat in a microwave a minute at a time, stirring after each minute,
until the gelatin has dissolved.
• Let sit until cooled (don’t add it hot into the whipped cream).
•Whip the heavy cream and sugar together on high speed until medium peaks.
• Add the gelatin in a steady stream to the whipped cream while continually beating until stiff peaks form
Option: You can skip the gelatin and whip the cream and sugar to stiff peaks if preferred.
• Mix the coffee liqueur and Cirrus vodka together in small bowl.
• Place a base layer, bottom-side-down on your serving plate
• To keep the plate clean, put strips of wax paper around the edge of the base of the cake to cover the plate. These can be easily pulled away once frosting is done.
• Pour or spoon a quarter of the liqueur and vodka mixture evenly over the cake layer.
• Spread a layer of whipped cream frosting over the cake.
• Set a second layer of cake on the frosted layer.
• Repeat steps until the last layer
• Soak one side of that layer with the remaining liqueur and vodka mix and carefully flip that onto the top of the cake.
• Frost the sides (crumb coat, then frost) and the top of the cake.
• Serve immediately, and refrigerate leftovers.
• Serves 12.